Question : How do you create multiple virtual host on WAMP Server2 for Windows 64?
I have followed most tutorial available on the web and youtube. The result was either of the following issues
1. No permission to access “/” etc..
2. I type “new host” on url, but instead of getting the “new host’ default page, I end up getting “localhost” default page.
I was able to solve the above issues by following these Instructions
1. proceed to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and locate the “host” file.
2. Create an entry right below the default “localhost” line. (see below)
for this case, I wanted to create virtual hosts (test) and zend.
3. Save the host file. From the wamp menu, locate the httpd.conf for apache.
4. Alter the apache conf file by locating and making the changes in the below lines of code
Before : #LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mode_rewrite.so
After : LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
After: Include conf/extra/httpd-vhost.conf
5. From your wamp installation directory, (in my case C:\wamp) locate the file httpd-vhost.con in the ”C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.22\conf\extra” directory
6. Restart all services, and you’re done.